Livetec recently released the National Outbreak Plan, available to download for free within the Livetec Systems App. As it has proven so popular we’ve increased the number of free downloads from 50 to 100. We want as many farmers as possible to benefit from this vital document so that together, we can help mitigate the risk of a disease outbreak and protect the future of poultry farming in the UK.
There’s nothing positive about an AI outbreak. However, not being prepared for such circumstances can turn a bad situation into a disastrous one. And that’s where Livetec’s National Outbreak Plan can help.
Proactive preparedness helps protect.
Being prepared for an outbreak not only reduces the impact of disease on your flock and your farm business, it can actually help prevent an incursion in the first place.
The plan is packed with all the information you need if impacted by avian influenza, including the symptoms to look out for such as:
- Sudden death
- Drooping of the wings
- Closed and runny eyes
- Eating less than usual
- Swelling and blue discolouration of comb and wattles
- Head and body shaking
All the information you need in an outbreak.
Whether it is your farm that is infected by avian influenza, or a neighbour’s, there are a range of government regulations you are legally obliged to adhere to. Depending on the circumstances, there may also be requirements for permits to move animals, products or machinery on- and off-farm.
Our NOP explains how these control zones will be applied and will clearly guide you as to the relevant regulations and requirements applicable to you.
Some key features of the plan include:
- A how-to guide for disease declaration
- Information reporting when zones are implemented
- Explanation of movement restrictions
- Movement licensing and their conditions of use
- Zone definitions and their requirements
- How to deal with the media
- Farming related support services and mental health planning
- A guide on how to change or update your CPH number
- Updates of the Governments exotic diseases control and AI policy
- An acronym glossary to quickly define key terms
An outbreak can have a devastating impact on your flock and your farm but we also understand the impact it has on the mental wellbeing of those involved. And, with our experience, we can help. Whether you’re a backyard keeper or commercial poultry owner, you can rely on Livetec to be with you every step of the way as we help you navigate your way through an outbreak.
The National Outbreak Plan saves you time, money and resources. And for the first 100 people that download it, it won’t cost a penny!
* RRP £174.95, the National Outbreak Plan is free for the first 100 downloads.
Download the app here.