The Animal & Plant Health Agency (APHA) have announced plans to lift the Avian Influenza Prevention Zone housing measures on Tuesday 18th April 2023 from 00:01am.
Mandatory biosecurity measures under the Avian Influenza Prevention Zone will still remain in place for all birds. Also, for those who fall within the Protection Zone or a Captive Bird (Monitoring ) Controlled Zone they must still house their birds until further notice.
Those who intend to allow their birds back outside should make preparations now to prepare their outside areas. This means ensuring that biosecurity protocols, which may have been reduced due to the birds being inside, should once again be enforced and bought back up to speed.
How can Livetec help you prepare for the housing order to be lifted?
Livetec have been at the forefront of on-farm biosecurity for over a decade.
Our new Biosecurity Advisory Service, the first of its kind, is ideally suited to help poultry keepers get ready to reintroduce their birds to the outside. It covers all your need to keep your livestock safe when they are once again allowed outside, including:
- A biosecurity expert who will come to your premises for a site visit
- A review of how your business operates on the ground
- A walkthrough from the road to your livestock
- Biosecurity assessment findings and recommendations
- A review of the current measures in place and data collection
- Farm mapping, looking at layout and operations
- Identification of issues and the solutions advised
- Defined on-farm processes and protocols
- Biosecurity performance scoring and rating
Find out how the livetec team can help you safely re-introduce your birds back outside, safely and with confidence, by contacting us today.